Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Using the HTC G1, 10 years later: 2008's smartphone is effectively a dumbphone in 2018

Going into this series, I hoped I'd get back to the T-Mobile G1/HTC Dream and be able to romantically wax about where Android came from. How the G1, though dated, still held up the promises made by Google's first Android effort back in 2008. Analytically, it's all true, but time has not been kind to the phone, and using it has made for a pretty rough week, even by my recent standards. 

Like the last three phones on this trip, I also assumed I'd have a fresh set of anecdotes from the experience to share, so that I could tell you all the ways its peculiarities, shortcomings, or strengths impacted my life in a way that was entertaining and informative.

Read More

Using the HTC G1, 10 years later: 2008's smartphone is effectively a dumbphone in 2018 was written by the awesome team at Android Police.



from Android Police – Android news, reviews, apps, games, phones, tablets https://ift.tt/2Q7SrpB
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment